By Robin B.
"Excellent job. Very thorough!"
By Robin B.
Excellent job. Very thorough!
By Les B.
"Service Management, owner, Scott and Jason made a potentially troublesome situation we were in, to be as good as any reasonable..."
By Les B.
Service Management, owner, Scott and Jason made a potentially troublesome situation we were in, to be as good as any reasonable person could expect. The install guys overcame problem after problem patiently and kept us informed. We do hope you are aware of the over 13 hours it took for them to be satisfied with the almost final test. Incredible work ethic. Obvious pride in their work, too. A field management system check the next day verified the quality, dependable A/C installation. Yay Halco!
By Stacy J.
"Frank is an all around nice guy and did a great job giving me the information I needed that he concluded with the audit. I have..."
By Stacy J.
Frank is an all around nice guy and did a great job giving me the information I needed that he concluded with the audit. I have been recommending Halco to everyone I come in contact with :) Hal & Tammy are the best!! Thank you Halco!!
Meet Our Team
Hal Smith from Halco
Hal Smith is the co-owner of Halco. He started the business with his wife Tammy Smith in 1984, and over the 32 years that Halco has existed, Hal has proven to be an innovator and visionary. He has been a constant and primary force in Halco's development into a leading company focused on providing full energy solutions for residential and commercial clients with an emphasis on quality, service, and sustainability. His certifications and affiliations include:
- Accredited Professional with Dr Energy Saver of the Finger Lakes
- Advisory Board of Directors for Monroe Community College HVAC Program
- Member of National Comfort Institute
- Member of ACCA of Central New York
- Accredited Contractor Building Performance Institute
- Accredited Contractor Home Performance with Energy Star
- Member of NORA - National Oil Heat Research Alliance
- Member of International Service Leadership ISL
- Member of National Safety Council
- Member of the DBIA Design Build Institute of America
- Chairman for the Wayne, Ontario, Seneca and Yates Counties Work Force Investment Board (Fingerlakes WIB)
- Chairman of the Planning Board for the Workforce Investment Board
- Past President, Phelps Chamber of Commerce
- President, Phelps Business Development and Tourism Council
- Member of the following Chamber of Commerce: Phelps, Geneva, Canandaigua, Cortland, Wayne, Tompkins, Yates, Seneca, Cayuga, and Monroe
- Member of the Wayne County Business Council
- Chairman of Fingerlakes Works with their hands event
Licenses and Certification
North American Technician Excellence, Inc. (NATE) certified which include:
- Air Conditioning Installation
- Air Conditioning Service
- Air to Air Heat Pump Installation
- Air to Air Heat Pump Service
- Gas Furnace Installation
- Gas Furnace Service
- Air Distribution Installation
- Air Distribution Service
- Oil Furnace Installation
- Oil Furnace Service
- Hydronics Gas Installation
- Hydronics Gas Service
- Hydronics Oil Installation
- Hydronics Oil Service
- Certified Air Balance Specialist National Balancing Institute
- Certified Carbon Monoxide Specialist National Comfort Institute
- North American Technician Excellence, Inc. (NATE) Proctor
- Certified Instructor for National Center for Construction Education & Research (NCCER) in core curriculum, plumbing, HVAC, electrical
- Certified as an OSHA Competent Person
- Certified in Asbestos Awareness
- Certified in Confined Space
- Certified in OSHA - 30 hour Safety Training
- Licensed New York State Department of Health Backflow Tester
- Licensed in Refrigerant handling by the EPA
- Licensed Master Plumber - City of Auburn
- Licensed Master Plumber - City of Ithaca
- Licensed Master Plumber - City of Pittsford
- Licensed Master Plumber - City of Cortland
- Licensed Heating Contractor - City of Auburn
- Licensed Heating Contractor - City of Fulton
- Licensed Heating Contractor - City of Cortland
- Licensed Heating Contractor - City of Ithaca
- Licensed Electrical Appliance Contractor - City of Auburn
- Certified Building Performance Institute - Building Analyst
- Certified Building Performance Institute - Shell Specialist
- Certified Building Performance Institute - Heating Specialist
- Certified Building Performance Institute - Cooling Specialist
- Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer
- R-410A Refrigerant Certified
- Riello Oil Burner Certified
- Weil McLains Heat Certified
Videos from projects I was involved with:
In this video Hal Smith, owner of Halco Energy tells the story of his humble beginnings, when him and his...
Company news I'd like to share with you: